Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mittelalterliches Burgfest


So last Sunday, Simone, Victoria and I took a road trip to a Medieval Fest. Above is a picture of the setting, Stettenfels Castle. It was pretty interesting certainly. They had a knight, fully clad in his armor, guarding the bridged entrance to the main courtyard. There was a stage down below for jesters, musicians and actors in a courtyard area between one of the enormous walls and some buildings. There were also some tents showing the typical knight's quarters when out on the road. Of course just walking round the grounds of the entire castle was fascinating. Checking out the structures and walking in and out of the place, ducking for many of the entrances and trying to imagine it as it was in 1400 or so.
Simone and I kept saying, 'Oh, you know who would love this? Evan! You know who else would love it? Lauren!' Yup, my nephew Evvy and niece Lauren would dig it indeed.
Next time I hope to remember the video camera to get a little film footage of it all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK who played Jim Carrey's role and who had Mathew Broderick's role?

Mr. Smith said...

Hey Kevin!

Post something!

Unless you've only been visiting this castle. Since May. They are probably wondering why you don't go home.

Dying to know what is happening out there.

Blanken-not-blogger more like.

MC Special K said...

A - I got lost in ye olde dungeon during the tour. No one noticed for two months. The bread crumbs and parsnips kept me alive while in that hole. I played spades with my friends Lennon, Lao Tzu and Milne. We drank fine wines, spun golden tales, and watched the sun rise and set behind bars of cold steel. I grow weary.

D - Broderick was actually the knight at the bridge entrance. He looked sad. He asked me if I thought a Ferris sequel would go over well. I asked, 'Do you think Inspector Gadget went over well?' He then proceeded to put turkeyskin on his face and talk weird. I dunno.