Sunday, March 30, 2008

Radio Magic

Two mornings ago I was driving in the Cooper, and what did I hear on the radio?



That's right. They wanted me to wake them up before I went went. Well, I couldn't go fast enough. I instinctively smacked the power button on the radio to silence the Duo before they could do any more damage. After shutting off the radio, I continued to stare at it as if I were preparing a scathing retort. I glared at it for several seconds. I had nothing.

And today, on the same country lane, at the same time of the morning, during the same stretch of road, on comes...

Foreigner told me I was Cold As Ice. I didn't immediately silence them, as I was indeed fond of Foreigner 4 at the tender age of 11 or so. No, instead I paused for a few thoughtful seconds and asked myself why I had forgotten my iPod for the second day in a row. Why?

1 comment:

Mr. Smith said...

That stretch of road is evidently haunted. Avoid it before you hear"...We built this city!"